Pewabic seeks an experienced Communications Coordinator passionate about copywriting and building public relations to join the the Marketing & Communications team. They will create rich written content and develop relationships that will help increase brand awareness, content reach, and community connections. In specific, the selected candidate will handle the following:
- Work closely with the Manager of Marketing & Communications on production, execution and tracking of marketing initiatives
- Compose copy in proper voice and tone of our brand.
- Craft copy on the spot, for a variety of categories, if needed.
- Be flexible enough to write both creative and conservative copy.
- Research, outline, draft, write and polish copy for social media, articles, newsletters, membership drives, etc.
- Help manage interns, providing guidance on content best practices, editorial oversight and monitoring
Relationship Development (30%)
- Responsible for proposing, managing and reporting of grassroots and community partnership initiatives
- Network and develop professional relationships in Metro Detroit, and in relevant networks.
- Develop media relationships to foster opportunities for story stelling, brand accuracy and engaging public content.
- Increase current marketing and organizational relationships while developing and building upon existing contacts.
Public Communications (30%)
- Responsible for regional digital calendar updates to promote public events
- Assist with list grooming for direct mail campaigns
- Assist with development of editorial calendar and content for Pewabic’s blog
- Assist with PR initiatives including but not limited to list development, drafting press releases and follow up with press contacts
- Assist with editorial calendar and content development for email marketing
- Help disperse print collateral to regional locations regularly.
Marketing Team Aid (10%)
- Assist with planning and production of promotional artwork including print, photo and video
- Assist with writing projects as requested for Digital and Print communications
- efforts, including eNews communications, press releases, and print collateral
- Assist with brand management and development
- Conceptual thinker – actively collaborate in brainstorms.
- Edit and proofread at various stages of development process… must have an eagle eye.
1-2 years of experience. Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; previous experience with marketing, communications, and public relations; evidence of strong writing skills, especially in the realm of crafting marketing copy; evidence of strong networking, interpersonal and organizational skills; evidence of reliability, punctuality, flexibility, and ability to work as part of a collaborative team; interest in issues related to art, design, culture, and higher education; and demonstrated ability to work in an intensive, fast-paced, diverse environment dedicated to staying up to date on consumer behavior(s), media sources, relationship building, and industry best practices. Strong technical and creative writing skills are required. Experienced in Microsoft Office.
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Impressive attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exhibit exemplary time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Work autonomously in a deadline-driven atmosphere
Advanced degree in English, Marketing, Communications or related field; previous experience in public relations, copy writing, and communications; knowledge of nonprofit policies and procedures a plus.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In addition, please include relevant portfolio samples. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.