A gift to Pewabic says that you care about ceramics and preserving our legacy. It demonstrates your commitment to your community, our educational programs and the creative development of Metro Detroit’s youth. By supporting a cultural institution, you help improve the quality of life of our community. And by helping Pewabic explore new ideas in ceramics, you help distinguish Detroit as an innovative player on a national – and even international – stage.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization, we depend on the financial support of individuals, corporations and foundations to continue our mission of progressing ceramics – and making them relevant and accessible to everyone in our community.
Your support helps Pewabic:
- Touch the lives of over 9,000 children, many of them underserved children in Detroit Public Schools, through our arts education programs that are brought directly to schools and community centers
- Provide ceramic arts programs every year to over 600 hospitalized children at Children’s Hospital in Detroit, giving them a meaningful, creative outlet for emotional expression
- Showcase contemporary ceramic artists’ exhibits yearlong
- Conserve our rare archives of ceramics, blueprints and records of Pewabic’s founder Mary Chase Perry Stratton
- Preserve a working historic pottery and National Historic Landmark, which welcomes more than 33,000 visitors annually