Full Time: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Development Director
Pewabic seeks a creative and versatile Development Specialist to join our fundraising team. The Development Specialist performs the daily operations and maintenance of donor database, membership program activities and corporate sponsorship special event solicitation in alignment with meeting departmental performance and budget goals. We are looking for an individual who loves ceramic art and the creative process, and is excited to further Pewabic’s mission of enriching the human spirit through clay.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years experience with the operation of a non-profit organization as well as 1-3 years of development experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, email and data management software (NetSuite or similar preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities and take direction as needed
- A team player with the ability to use diplomacy and tact when interacting with Pewabic staff, trustees and the public
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other departments
- Provide accurate and timely processing of gifts and acknowledgment letters
- Data entry (in NetSuite) for all contributed revenue gifts & contributions
- Perform data maintenance and cleanup for donor, member, business and foundation financial records accurately and confidentially in Netsuite
- Achieve annual membership revenue goals through monthly renewal mailings, lapsed member mailings, phone calls to members, training and coordination with Retail staff
- Assist with many aspects of event planning including but not limited to ticket sales, RSVPs, mailing invitations and communicating with vendors
- Track Retail team membership commissions
- Assist with preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Conduct initial phone calls, some of which is cold calling, as well as follow up calls to potential businesses, individuals and corporate sponsors for Pewabic’s annual fundraiser
- Maintain accurate call sheets with follow up information for all donor calls
- Process auction requests as needed
- Maintain a neat and organized work environment
- Other tasks as assigned
- This position requires working occasional nights and weekends for various Pewabic events
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their cover letter and resume including minimum pay rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Career Opportunities
Pewabic is looking for a team player with strong leadership skills to fulfill our full-time Retail Supervisor position. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, provide excellent customer service, and be able to manage their time wisely. If you have experience in a leadership retail role, are self-motivated, proactive, and love working in a dynamic team-oriented environment, we would love to hear from you!
Pewabic is seeking a new member of the Fabrication team to assist in the production of vessels according to Pewabic’s aesthetic and quality standards. Mix clay and slips, load and unload bisque, maintain stock, track/record items produced and materials needed/used, and maintain a clean and orderly work environment.