Education Studio Assistant
PART TIME: 20 to 25 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Onsite Education Manager
PAY RATE: 15/hr assistant pay
(Any Weekday): 9:45am-5pm
Pewabic's Education Team is looking for a part time assistant to help around the on-site education studio. This position will help maintain the supplies, general organization and cleanliness of the studio, while working alongside students and the Education Technician.
This position will also be trained and will be expected to conduct a limited amount of tours, workshops, and/or classes at our hourly teaching rate. These hours will be determined weekly–– based on need, availability, and number of classes, workshops, and tours scheduled.
We are looking for someone who can follow instructions, work independently, and enjoy interacting with students of all ages. A background in teaching and/or clay experience is a plus, but not required. Friendly with good interpersonal skills and a passion for education is required.
Must be able to stand for long periods, lift 50 pounds, and have a reliable form of transportation.
Tasks include and are not limited to:
- Workshop preparation and supply upkeep: Maintain tile inventory, refill slips, and glazers
- Studio supply upkeep: Refill slips, underglazes, wax resist, and magic water
- Cone 6/Bisque Prep: Scrape shelves and maintain kiln room cleanliness/organization
- Cone 10/ Soda Kiln Prep: Wadding, soda wads, scrape shelves, kiln pad cleanliness
- Material Management: Move and organize clay and material shipments. Fill dry material containers
- Reclaim Clay: Mix, pug, and wrap reclaim. Maintain reclaim cleanliness.
- Maintain General Studio: cleanliness, organization, and order
- Open Studio Monitoring: Assist and answer student questions
- Events, workshops, classes, tours as needed
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our creative team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Pewabic is an equal opportunity employer.