Pewabic is looking for a team player with strong leadership skills to fulfill our full-time Retail Supervisor position. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, provide excellent customer service, and be able to manage their time wisely. If you have experience in a leadership retail role, are self-motivated, proactive, and love working in a dynamic team-oriented environment, we would love to hear from you!
Full time : 40 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Retail
As a member of the Retail team, provide excellent customer service while effectively supervising the daily operations of the Pewabic Store.
High School diploma required. Some college preferred.
Background and Experience:
3-5 years retail experience required, 2 years supervisory experience preferred. Strong computer skills including internet, email, MS Word, Excel, POS systems required. Art background helpful.
Requirements and Skills:
Leadership qualities are essential along with the capability of working in a team atmosphere, including during major events. Set a tone of positivity and motivation for the Retail Team. Provide excellent customer service. Must possess strong communication skills and be able to manage time wisely. Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to problem-solve and work and act independently in keeping with company policy. Ability to effectively prioritize work. Use diplomacy and tact when interacting with pottery staff and the public.
- Effectively supervise daily sales and oversee the Retail Associates.
- Set the tone of excellent customer service, positivity and professionalism in the store.
- Schedule Retail Associates and ensure full store coverage. Update Gmail Calendar with the schedule. Coordinate time off with Manager of Retail and Team Leads.
- Enter Payroll for all Retail Associates into Paychex Time and Labor biweekly.
- Effectively delegate daily tasks and projects to Retail Associates and ensure all necessary tasks have been completed by end of day.
- Train Retail Associates and work directly with them to follow up with the training process continuously. Assist with Retail Associate interviews.
- Oversee and participate in the completion of the Staff Daily, make updates to Staff Daily when needed.
- Be proficient in accounting software and updates to sales procedures, share updates with all Retail Associates. Ensure proper processing of opening and end-of-day accounting procedures by all team members.
- Answer Retail Associate questions regarding customer issues.
- Work with Manager of Retail to develop/maintain attractive and effective displays in Museum store and Galleries.
- Oversee the maintenance and organization of the GONA back stock.
- Inventory all Retail supplies as scheduled. Order Retail supplies (folding boxes, bags, tissue, stands).
- Update Team Leads, Mgr of Retail with any issues on the sales floor (procedures, equipment, customer, personnel issues, etc.) Meet weekly to discuss.
- Work with team to process and label incoming merchandise and handle receiving of stock as assigned.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of a sales incentive program for the Retail Sales Team.
- Oversee entry of Win aTile email information.
- Oversee tracking of detailed customer feedback information in spreadsheet format for Customer Satisfaction Surveys, and general Gallery issues and successes- report findings monthly
- Oversee Retail related Exhibition procedures
- Run Retail staff meetings and agenda
- Handle Studio Artist Breakages monthly.
- Assist with the oversight and execution of major events and offsite events.
- Continuously seek process improvements.
- Assist Manager of Retail with other tasks and projects as assigned.
What we can do for you:
- Be a part of a creative, fun, enthusiastic team
- Benefits including health, dental and vision
- Quarterly sales incentives
- Generous employee discount
- One free class each year
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your resume and pay requirements to email@example.com. Pewabic is an equal opportunity employer.
Also in Career Opportunities
Pewabic is seeking a new member of the Fabrication team to assist in the production of vessels according to Pewabic’s aesthetic and quality standards. Mix clay and slips, load and unload bisque, maintain stock, track/record items produced and materials needed/used, and maintain a clean and orderly work environment.