2019 Holiday Cocktail Recipe – Blood Orange & Sage
Are you hosting for the holidays? This year's featured seasonal cocktail puts the spotlight on blood orange and sage. This recipe puts a new spin on a classic cocktail component – egg whites!
Adding egg whites gives your mixed drinks a meringue-like texture, cutting the acidity of the alcohol and citrus.
Check out the original blog post for this recipe and other holiday cocktail ideas.
BLOOD ORANGE AND SAGE COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
2 Sage Leaves
2 Blood Orange Wedges
2 oz Two James Old Cockney Gin
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1 Egg White
- In a shaker or with mortar and pestle, mix sage and blood orange
- Add the the rest of the ingredients and shake without ice
- Fill with ice and shake well
- Strain into chilled Pewabic Rocks Cups and garnish with sage leaf
- It is important to first "dry shake" all ingredients without ice for 30 seconds or more.
- Chill your Pewabic Rocks Cups prior to serving your beverage.
- If you can't find any blood oranges, regular oranges or clementines are great substitutes. While they may lack the pinkish hue, they both complement the sage well.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
Pewabic’s relationship with Michigan State University dates back to the 1920s, when Pewabic tile began to appear throughout the Lansing campus. Some 40 years later, the connection became even more meaningful when MSU played a vital role in Pewabic’s very existence.
If you’re headed to Raku Party Saturday, one of the faces you’re sure to see is Steven Kin, Pewabic Street Team technician. Like everyone in our Education Studio, Raku Party has a soft spot in his heart.
Read about Kin's mission to create this #Pottober.
If you didn’t catch Pewabic Designer Genevieve Sylvia talking about our iconic pottery with WJR’s iconic radioman Paul W. Smith and Bedrock CEO Bill Emerson Sunday as part of Detroit Month of Design — good news — you can listen to the podcast.