Pewabic's Summer Cocktail Menu
Are you ready to be the most popular host around? Our new summer cocktail recipes double as great mock-tails. We've included alternatives with less sugar as well so you can enjoy more of the natural fruit flavoring, if that's your style!
DRAGONFRUIT MOJITO INGREDIENTS:
Serving size x2 per 10 oz. Pewabic Rocks Cup
- Ice cubes
- 2 limes cut into 16 wedges
- 20+ mint leaves –– 4 per cocktail, and extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup of dragonfruit (frozen or fresh) –– 1/4 cup for each drink
- 4 tbsp of raw/turbinado sugar (optional) –– 2 tbsp for each drink
- 2 shots of rum (optional) –– 1 shot per drink
- Carbonated/sparkling water to fill –– sub zero sugar flavored water alternative for a bit more sweetness if you skipped the raw sugar
- Place mint leaves (4+) and 1-2 lime wedges in your Rocks Cup –– muddle the ingredients together well with a drink muddler
- Add 1/4 cup of dragonfruit + 2 tbsp of raw sugar and muddle with previous ingredients
- Fill glass with ice
- Pour in 1 shot of rum – We suggest Detroit City Distillery's Summer Rum
- Fill with carbonated/sparkling water of your choice
- Add garnish of mint leaves + lime wedge, et voilà!
You can use red or white dragonfruit, depending on availability and personal preference
Think of our next recipe as a lemonade stand for adults who are really into handcrafted ceramic ware. You can skip the spirits in this "cocktail" to make it kid friendly as well! This is an easy, breezy combo of summer ingredients with a slight twist.
Pewabic Rocks Cups in Midnight paired with strawberry + lemon refresher
STRAWBERRY + LEMON REFRESHER INGREDIENTS:
Serving size 6-8 guests –– 10 oz. per Pewabic Rocks Cup
- 2 lemons cut into 16 wedges
- 3/4 cup lemon juice –– sub low-sugar or sugar-free prepared lemonade and skip the sugar addition below
- 2/3 cup fine cane sugar (optional)
- Roughly 1 lb. strawberries, tops removed and hulled
- 1 cup vodka –– we suggest Two James 28 Island Vodka
- 3 cups cold water
- Ice cubes to fill serving pitcher
- Run strawberries through a food processor or juicer. You can also muddle them!
- Pour the strawberries or strawberry juice into a large pitcher filled halfway with ice –– you can strain the muddled strawberries or strain them before pouring them over the ice
- Add lemon juice, sugar, vodka and water. Stir to combine until the sugar has dissolved. Serve cold and enjoy!
If cocktails aren't really your thing, you can grab a Pewabic Pint and fill it up with your favorite beer and garnish. Check out fellow Detroiters Cøllect Beer Bar and Eastern Market Brewing Co. in the largest historic public market district in the United States, Detroit's very own Eastern Market!
Shout out your go-to spot for summer beverages in the comments below. We wish you all a relaxing, low-stress summer. Stay cool and safe out there!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
“Aretha Franklin, Rosa Parks, Gilda Radner, Martha Dodge, a list that screams Detroit’s defining women. Often one person is left off that list…Mary Stratton, the mother of Pewabic Pottery.” explains WWJ 950’s Zach Clark in a segment for International Women's Day this year. Zach Clark took a look at the century-long legacy of one of Michigan's finest artists with Pewabic’s Education Director and Archivist Annie Dennis and the Detroit Historical Society’s Manager of Education and Public Programs Kimmie Dobos Wolfe. You can listen to the full story here.
As we honor the 155th anniversary of Mary’s birth, we are thrilled to celebrate her life, legacy and impact on Detroit, Michigan, and beyond.