Cocktail Recipe | Blood Orange & Sage
Our featured seasonal cocktail puts the spotlight on blood orange and sage. This recipe puts a new spin on a classic cocktail component – egg whites!
Adding egg whites gives your mixed drinks a meringue-like texture, cutting the acidity of the alcohol and citrus.
Check out the original blog post for this recipe and other unique cocktail ideas.
BLOOD ORANGE AND SAGE COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
2 Sage Leaves
2 Blood Orange Wedges
2 oz Two James Old Cockney Gin
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1 Egg White
- In a shaker or with mortar and pestle, mix sage and blood orange
- Add the the rest of the ingredients and shake without ice
- Fill with ice and shake well
- Strain into chilled Pewabic Rocks Cups and garnish with sage leaf
- It is important to first "dry shake" all ingredients without ice for 30 seconds or more.
- Chill your Pewabic Rocks Cups prior to serving your beverage.
- If you can't find any blood oranges, regular oranges or clementines are great substitutes. While they may lack the pinkish hue, they both complement the sage well.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.