Cocktail Recipe | Blood Orange & Sage
Our featured seasonal cocktail puts the spotlight on blood orange and sage. This recipe puts a new spin on a classic cocktail component – egg whites!
Adding egg whites gives your mixed drinks a meringue-like texture, cutting the acidity of the alcohol and citrus.
Check out the original blog post for this recipe and other unique cocktail ideas.
BLOOD ORANGE AND SAGE COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
2 Sage Leaves
2 Blood Orange Wedges
2 oz Two James Old Cockney Gin
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1 Egg White
- In a shaker or with mortar and pestle, mix sage and blood orange
- Add the the rest of the ingredients and shake without ice
- Fill with ice and shake well
- Strain into chilled Pewabic Rocks Cups and garnish with sage leaf
- It is important to first "dry shake" all ingredients without ice for 30 seconds or more.
- Chill your Pewabic Rocks Cups prior to serving your beverage.
- If you can't find any blood oranges, regular oranges or clementines are great substitutes. While they may lack the pinkish hue, they both complement the sage well.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
These are difficult times. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow, and we know it will be a long time before anyone sees the end of it. This crisis is challenging individuals, businesses and nonprofits, including Pewabic. As you contemplate this crisis, please remember three things:
We are all in this together.
We’ll get through it.
Art can help.
The very scope of this pandemic reminds us that we are part of a global community. It will take a concerted effort from all...
Big thanks to Hour Media's Detroit Design magazine for recognizing two Pewabic installations in their recently announced 2020 Detroit Home Design Awards.
Pewabic couldn’t be more thrilled about the recent announcement of Marie Woo being named the 2020 Kresge Eminent Artist. The educator and ceramicist is a former Pewabic Society trustee and longtime advocate for and friend of the pottery, particularly the Education Studio.