Cocktail Recipe | Blood Orange & Sage
Our featured seasonal cocktail puts the spotlight on blood orange and sage. This recipe puts a new spin on a classic cocktail component – egg whites!
Adding egg whites gives your mixed drinks a meringue-like texture, cutting the acidity of the alcohol and citrus.
Check out the original blog post for this recipe and other unique cocktail ideas.
BLOOD ORANGE AND SAGE COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
2 Sage Leaves
2 Blood Orange Wedges
2 oz Two James Old Cockney Gin
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1 Egg White
- In a shaker or with mortar and pestle, mix sage and blood orange
- Add the the rest of the ingredients and shake without ice
- Fill with ice and shake well
- Strain into chilled Pewabic Rocks Cups and garnish with sage leaf
- It is important to first "dry shake" all ingredients without ice for 30 seconds or more.
- Chill your Pewabic Rocks Cups prior to serving your beverage.
- If you can't find any blood oranges, regular oranges or clementines are great substitutes. While they may lack the pinkish hue, they both complement the sage well.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
Pewabic has seen it all. Established in 1903, the pottery has weathered through The Great Depression and two world wars. Needless to say, we are happy to be here today and we are proud to call Detroit our home.
We have been so lucky to connect with many of you for the first time during another uncertain time. This global pandemic has changed so much of the way we are used to interacting with each other.