Friday AM Special Topics: Western Raku | Session 2
Fridays, 10 AM-1 PM
Session 2 | 6 weeks | July 19-August 23
This 6-week intensive will cover the western methods of raku firing. Students will learn through discussion, demonstration, and participation the glazing and firing techniques surrounding the art of western raku. This class will not cover the construction of work fired. Prior ceramic knowledge and bisque-ware is required. Open studio privileges and first 25 lbs. of clay are included in price.
- Open studio privileges are only available during weeks classes are in session.
- Wheel-throwing classes require a basic ceramic tool kit (available at Pewabic Store or most art stores) and a gallon bucket (available at most hardware stores).
- Glazes and firings are included with enrollment.
- Must be age 15 and older for daytime classes and 18 and older for evening classes.
- With the exception of special events, the Education Studio is closed on Sundays.
Please note: Pewabic issues no cash refunds once classes have begun. Pewabic Education Studio is under no obligation to reschedule classes cancelled upon the closure of the facility due to inclement weather. We offer no guarantee of a makeup class. Classes will not be prorated to accommodate a missed class, nor will refunds be issued. In rare circumstances, credits may be given toward classes at the Education Studio’s discretion. For more information, please contact the onsite education manager at email@example.com.