Blush Iridescent Teardrop Vases
Pewabic was founded on the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement - a rejection of mass-produced products while embracing the art and imperfections of handcrafted objects. Each wheel-thrown vessel in our collection has been individually handcrafted by a Pewabic artisan, continuing a long tradition of one-of-a-kind pieces. Because each piece is made by hand, some variation in height, width, and form is expected, making each piece a unique work of art.
Many consider the Iridescent glaze to be Pewabic's most important contribution to ceramic art. Through trial, error, and sheer persistence, Mary Chase Perry Stratton developed her first successful Iridescent glaze in 1906. Establishing the formula and stabilizing the firing process took another three years. Today our Iridescent pieces are fired somewhat similarly, though with safer materials. It requires a third firing and a process called fuming, when vegetable oil is injected into the kiln to create the extraordinary one-of-a-kind effects.
- Each measure approximately 6-7”
- Sold individually, not as a set
- Handcrafted in Detroit
- Pewabic logo stamped on the bottom
- High variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- Do not put flower food in these vessels due to the soft nature of the glaze
- Choose from styles A, B, or C in Blush Iridescent