Craftsman Clock | 4 x 8 Detroit Map Tile
Pewabic highlights the city it has called home for 115 years – and counting – with this hand-painted map detail of downtown Detroit.
After Detroit’s devastating 1805 fire, Judge Augustus Woodward modeled the streets after Pierre Charles L'Enfant’s Washington D.C. hub-and-spoke grid, creating Detroit’s distinctive street design, detailed here from Grand Circus Park to the Detroit Riverfront.
John Schlabaugh and his team at Schlabaugh & Sons have been designing and crafting wooden clocks and accessories for over 41 years. Originally working alongside his father, Emil, the family business is now run and operated by John and his wife, Jane Schlabaugh. All of their wooden products are handcrafted in Kalona, Iowa. They are best known for their heirloom quality Arts and Crafts style clocks that are crafted with the greatest care and finest hardwoods.
- 4” x 8” Hand-Painted Downtown Detroit Map Tile
- Total Dimensions: 9w x 14h x 6d
- Tile is individually hand-pressed and hand-painted in Detroit by Pewabic artisans with the Pewabic logo stamped on back
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- Clock is handcrafted in Iowa by Schlabaugh & Sons with Quarter-sawn White Oak and a "Craftsman Oak" Finish
- Dial and hands are covered with glass
- Quartz movement with "AA" battery included