Tuesday AM Intermediate Hand-Building | Session 1
Tuesdays, 10 AM-1 PM
Session 1 | 8 weeks | April 30-June 18
Intermediate hand-building focuses on both functional and sculptural student-driven projects completed under the supervision of the instructor. This class will have an emphasis on advanced techniques such as glaze mixing & formulation, slump mold or press mold use and making. Biweekly lectures and discussions of contemporary ceramic artists will serve as inspiration. Previous hand-building experience is required.
- Most classes are appropriate for all skill levels.
- Each 8-week class includes free open studio time and 25 pounds of stoneware clay.
- Open studio privileges are only available during weeks classes are in session.
- Glazes and firings are included with enrollment.
- Must be age 15 and older for daytime classes and 18 and older for evening classes.
- With the exception of special events, the Education Studio is closed on Sundays.
Please note: Pewabic issues no cash refunds once classes have begun. Pewabic Education Studio is under no obligation to reschedule classes cancelled upon the closure of the facility due to inclement weather. We offer no guarantee of a makeup class. Classes will not be prorated to accommodate a missed class, nor will refunds be issued. In rare circumstances, credits may be given toward classes at the Education Studio’s discretion. For more information, please contact the onsite education manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.