Friday Special Topic: Western Raku | Session 2
Fridays, 10 AM-1 PM
Session 2 | 8 weeks | March 6-April 24
This 8-week intensive will cover the western methods of raku firing. Students will learn through discussion, demonstration, and participation the glazing and firing techniques surrounding the art of western raku. This class will not cover the construction of work fired. Prior ceramic knowledge and bisque-ware is required.
- Most classes are appropriate for all skill levels.
- Each 8-week class includes free open studio time and 25 pounds of stoneware clay.
- Open studio privileges are only available during weeks classes are in session.
- Glazes and firings are included with enrollment.
- Must be age 15 and older for daytime classes and 18 and older for evening classes.
- With the exception of special events, the Education Studio is closed on Sundays.
Please note: Pewabic issues no cash refunds once classes have begun. Pewabic Education Studio is under no obligation to reschedule classes cancelled upon the closure of the facility due to inclement weather. We offer no guarantee of a makeup class. Classes will not be prorated to accommodate a missed class, nor will refunds be issued. In rare circumstances, credits may be given toward classes at the Education Studio’s discretion. For more information, please contact the onsite education manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.