Small Classic Vase | Blush Iridescent II
In the early days of Pewabic, founder Mary Chase Perry Stratton sketched shapes for her vessel thrower, Joseph Heerich, to throw on the wheel. Perry Stratton would then add decorative elements to the surface before firing it. Though a contemporary piece, our Classic Vase is created through a similar process of applying a design – in this case using slip – to a leather-hard wheel-thrown piece, before bisque firing it.
Many consider the Iridescent glaze to be Pewabic's most important contribution to ceramic art. Through trial, error, and sheer persistence, Mary Chase Perry Stratton developed her first successful Iridescent glaze in 1906. Establishing the formula and stabilizing the firing process took another three years.
- Approximately 6-7”
- Hand thrown and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on bottom
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- NOTE: This is the only item of its kind available
- Do not put plant food in these vessels due to the soft nature of the glaze