With its delicately carved snowdrop flowers trailing around the vase and glazed in flowing matte green, the Snowdrop Vase initially was intended to be a lamp base when it was created in 1903.
An original Snowdrop Vase found its way back to Pewabic in 2006 and is now part of our museum collection.
Many consider the Iridescent glaze to be Pewabic's most important contribution to ceramic art. Through trial, error, and sheer persistence, Mary Chase Perry Stratton developed her first successful Iridescent glaze in 1906. Establishing the formula and stabilizing the firing process took another three years.
- Approximately 6"x 4" x 4"
- Slip cast and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on bottom
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- NOTE: This is the only item of its kind available
- Do not put plant/flower food in these vessels due to the soft nature of the glaze