Step Vase | Matte Green Iridescent
Though Mary Chase Perry Stratton’s daybooks show a sketch of the Step Vase from around 1960, we have no record of it being produced until 2003, for Pewabic's centennial. Now it's a favorite, perfect with any decor, contemporary or traditional.
Many consider the Iridescent glaze to be Pewabic's most important contribution to ceramic art. Through trial, error, and sheer persistence, Mary Chase Perry Stratton developed her first successful Iridescent glaze in 1906. Establishing the formula and stabilizing the firing process took another three years.
- 9"H x 4" W
- Handcrafted in Detroit
- Individually slip-cast and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on the bottom
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- NOTE: This is the only item of its kind available
- Do not put plant food in these vessels due to the soft nature of the glaze