Wheel Throwing Technician
PART TIME 24 hours per week
As a member of the Fabrication team, assist in the production of Pewabic vessels according to Pewabic’s aesthetic and quality standards. Mix clay and slips, load and unload bisque, maintain stock, track/record items produced and materials needed/used, and maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Ceramics degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be proficient on the pottery wheel and familiar with clay making.
- Pottery/ceramics production experience preferred.
- Slip-casting, and kiln experience also helpful.
- Must be knowledgeable about using and maintaining studio equipment, including: clay mixer, kiln, pug-mill, and pottery wheel.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated individual with a focus on producing quality work. Good oral and written skills necessary.
- Use diplomacy and tact when interacting with Pottery staff and public.
- Must respond positively to constructive criticism and take direction well.
- Ability to multi-task as well as adjust to changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to perform laborious and repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Must be prepared to show samples of prior work. Applicants may be asked to throw a Pewabic classic vase form during their interview. Please submit resume along with 3 professional references to email@example.com.