Pewabic Through Time + Space
August, 17 - October 21, 2018
In 1903, two neighbors with a shared artistic vision started a pottery in a rented carriage house in Detroit’s Brush Park neighborhood. Four years later they moved their fledgling Pewabic Pottery into the English Tudor-style pottery building their architect friend William Buck Stratton designed for them on East Jefferson Avenue, where Pewabic continues to operate today.
For this interactive hands-on exhibition, Pewabic recreates spaces as they looked a century ago to compare and contrast the Stable Studio and early Pewabic with Pewabic 115 years later, still handcrafting ceramic wares in what is now a National Historic Landmark building, and continuing its commitment to Detroit and ceramics.
Sorry, there are no images in this collection