Although many hieroglyphic scarabs are in a more closed-wing position – like our Pewabic paperweight – the Scarab Necklace has its wings extended and ready to soar right into a loved one's heart.
The Scarab Club in Detroit features a historic, sculpted Pewabic medallion designed by architect William Buck Stratton above its main entrance. Founded in 1907, it
was a gathering place for artists and art enthusiasts. It was only fitting that Pewabic tile was commissioned for the exterior of the building in the late 1920s considering Pewabic Co-Founder Mary Chase Perry’s strong presence in the art and sculpture scene of Detroit.
Years later, the scarab came to symbolize renewal, transformation, and resilience throughout our establishment as a non-profit.
- Necklace chains are approximately 18" long in sterling silver
- Handcrafted in Detroit
- Pendants are individually hand-pressed in our own stoneware and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on back
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- Available in Emerald or Pewabic Blue