5x7 Peacock Tile
Those are founder Mary Chase Perry Stratton's initials in the lower right corner of Pewabic's full-fanned Peacock Tile, dating back to 1909 and the only tile with her mark on the front. Legend has it Stratton designed it to commemorate Whistler's Peacock Room, which her friend Charles Freer purchased and moved to Detroit.
Freer's Pewabic pieces were the only non-Asian ceramic pieces in his celebrated collection, now housed at the Freer | Sackler in Washington, D.C.
- Measures 5” x 7”
- Handcrafted in Detroit
- Individually hand-pressed and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on back
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- Available in Pewabic Blue and Ocean
- See our other historic peacock tiles - 2x2 Peacock, Hand-painted 5x7 Peacock, 4x8 Peacock.