Craftsman Clock | 4x8 Hand-Painted Stickley Tile
This 4" x 8" tile was born through a collaboration between the Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms and Pewabic spanning half a year. Celebrating the artistry and design of the iconic furniture maker Gustav Stickley, this design was inspired by two inlaid furniture designs—the New Craftsman Piano and Inlaid Armchair by the Craftsman Workshops—from the museum’s collection. Craftsman Farms is the former country estate of Gustav Stickley, a major proponent of the Arts and Crafts movement in decorative arts, home building and furnishings. Stickley combined the roles of designer and manufacturer, architect, publisher, philosopher, and social critic.
John Schlabaugh and his team at Schlabaugh & Sons have been designing and crafting wooden clocks and accessories for over 41 years. Originally working alongside his father, Emil, the family business is now run and operated by John and his wife, Jane Schlabaugh. All of their wooden products are handcrafted in Kalona, Iowa. They are best known for their heirloom quality Arts and Crafts style clocks that are crafted with the greatest care and finest hardwoods.
- 4” x 8” Hand-Painted Stickley Tile
- Total dimensions: 10w x 11h x 4d
- Tile is individually hand-pressed and hand-painted in Detroit by Pewabic artisans with the Pewabic logo stamped on back
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- Clock is handcrafted in Iowa by Schlabaugh & Sons with Quarter-sawn White Oak and a "Craftsman Oak" Finish
- Dial and hands are covered with glass
- Quartz movement with "AA" battery included