Pride Bee Necklace | Hand-Painted
Based on a historic Pewabic design, our charming bee necklace makes the perfect accessory. During the Great Depression, Pewabic Co-Founder Mary Chase Perry Stratton pivoted her focus to small vessels and jewelry that directly inspired our current collection.
Animal forms such as this were created for consignment, primarily to a gallery in New York during World War II. This Pewabic classic has buzzed its way right into our hearts! May your sunny days be as sweet as honey.
Our talented glazers use brushes to apply the intricate pattern of glaze onto these pieces before their final firing in the kiln. It takes great skill and precision to master this process and each piece is completely unique based on this handcrafted process.
- Necklace chains are adjustable up to 28" long in sterling silver
- Handcrafted in Detroit
- Pendants are individually hand-pressed in our own stoneware and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on back
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- Each bee is hand-painted with a rainbow on its back