Small Classic Bowl | Winterberry
In the early days of Pewabic, founder Mary Chase Perry Stratton would apply slip or other decorative applications to the surface of vessels, much like the delicate slip designs formed by the hands of our vessel makers on the Small Classic Bowl. This functional beauty pairs perfectly with its slightly larger counterpart- the Medium Classic Bowl.
Red is a notoriously difficult color to achieve in ceramics. Creating our dramatic Winterberry glaze consistently requires meticulous effort, culminating in the hottest firing we do at Pewabic. The oxygen in the kiln is reduced to capture this rich, red hue. In certain places, the oxygen lingers a little longer to produce flashes of milky white, adding to Winterberry’s appeal and uniqueness.
Due to the extra effort required to achieve this glossy red, Winterberry is only offered seasonally.
- Approximately 3-3.5” H, 5-6" W
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe, though we recommend washing your Pewabic on the top rack
- Wheel-thrown and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on the bottom
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one-of-a-kind
- In Winterberry