Pewabic Pint | Winterberry
Our Pewabic Pint – proudly donning a stamped Pewabic logo – continues our tradition of wheel-thrown, utilitarian pieces. Each is handcrafted by one of our vessel throwers, so height, width, and form variations can occur, making each piece unique.
Red is a notoriously difficult color to achieve in ceramics. Creating our dramatic Winterberry glaze consistently requires meticulous effort, culminating in the hottest firing we do at Pewabic. The oxygen in the kiln is reduced to capture this rich, red hue. In certain places, the oxygen lingers a little longer to produce flashes of milky white, adding to Winterberry’s appeal and uniqueness.
Due to the extra effort required to achieve this glossy red, Winterberry is only offered seasonally.
- Available in a set of two
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe, though we recommend washing your Pewabic on the top rack
- Approximately 6" tall and holds approximately 16 oz.
- Handcrafted in Detroit
- Individually wheel-thrown and hand-glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on bottom
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one-of-a-kind
- In Winterberry