Large Classic Vase | Blush Iridescent
In the early days of Pewabic, founder Mary Chase Perry Stratton sketched shapes for her vessel thrower, Joseph Heerich, to throw on the wheel. Stratton would then apply slip or other decorative applications to the surface, much like the Classic Vase finish.
Many consider the Iridescent glaze to be Pewabic's most important contribution to ceramic art. Through trial, error, and sheer persistence, Mary Chase Perry Stratton developed her first successful Iridescent glaze in 1906. Establishing the formula and stabilizing the firing process took another three years.
- Approximately 10-11”
- Part of the Classic collection, including vases, bowls and mugs in varying sizes
- Hand thrown and glazed by Pewabic artisans
- Pewabic logo stamped on bottom
- Slight variations in glaze and firing results ensure each handcrafted Pewabic piece is one of a kind
- NOTE: This is the only item of its kind available
- Do not put plant food in these vessels due to the soft nature of the glaze